Karen Stewart, LCSW, CAC
This field choose me. I began my career in substance abuse following my own struggle with addiction and difficult childhood and young adulthood experiences. If I would have had an uneventful childhood, I would not be the person I am.
Richard Leider said, "The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose." I am passionate to share my knowledge and experience—both educational, practical, field-based, and life-learned—with others. I feel we are all interconnected and that compassion and empathy are essential for all living beings.
My hope is that new professionals can see and feel a positive impact they may have on another person or community. I hope that they accompany people on their journeys of self-understanding, healing, and change, and that those persons feel supported and encouraged working with them.
WORDS I LIVE BY:
LCSW #: 992040
CAC II #: 3529
CAC II: 1992
Meets State Requirements
- Metropolitan State College, Denver: BA
- University of Denver: MSW
- Substance Abuse and Addictions
- Grief & Loss
- Immigration / Newcomer and Refugee Populations
- Disaster and Emergency Mental Health
- Suicidal Ideations and Psychiatric Emergencies
- Sexual Orientation Issues
- Gender-Based Violence Issues
- Stress and Self-Care Issues
- Systems Theory
- Psychodynamic Theory
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)