Kevin R. Birdsell, LCSW
I chose this career path because I love seeing other people succeed. There are many out there who have the ability to excel in life but need a helping hand.
I was lucky to have an incredible supervisor/mentor when I graduated from school. That individual had a huge impact on my career and helped in so many ways. Supervision is my way of returning the favor and creating a positive experience for someone else. Providing clinical supervision is one my favorite aspects of work.
I hope that new professionals can develop a core set of skills and a "style" that they can translate to any work environment. I love to discuss people's career goals and help them identify some potential areas to explore.
WORDS I LIVE BY:
Meets State Requirements
- James Madison University: BSW
- University of South Carolina: MSW
- Family Therapy
- Substance Use Disorders
- Children with Serious Mental Illness (SMI)
- Criminal Justice / Re-Entry
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Sex Addiction
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Motivational Interviewing