Motivo wants to help you find the right supervisor, not just the one closest by.
Here are twelve questions we recommend asking a potential supervisor.
- What type of clients do you do your best work with?
- Do you utilize any particular modalities with clients? If so, can you tell me more about how you incorporate the modality into your work?
- Why did you choose to become a supervisor?
- How many people have you supervised?
- How would your supervisees describe your approach to supervision?
- How will you challenge me to become a better therapist?
- How will we incorporate self-of-the-therapist work in our supervision?
- Logistically, what days/times are you available for supervision?
- How should I handle questions that come up between sessions, in both emergency and non-emergency situations?
- How often will we review the licensure requirements in my state to ensure I am on track?
- Has your license ever been suspended or revoked by a state board?
- How many supervision hours can I anticipate collecting with you each month?